DTA award for best Diversity and Inclusiveness team
DTA will be partner of the Copernicus Hackathon-Bari 2020 will take place during the weekend from Friday 5th to Sunday 7th of June 2020 on line.
Organized by Planetek Italia, the Copernicus Hackathon is a 3-day event in which software developers, graphic designers, interface designers but also young innovators passionate about data analysis will meet to create innovative mobile applications, based on Copernicus’ data and services.
The Copernicus program, funded and coordinated by the European Commission, collects satellite images from different sources, including in-situ sensors, processes them and provides reliable, updated information mostly as Free and Open Data in six thematic areas: land, sea, atmosphere, climate change, emergency management and security.
In the frame of the Copernicus Relay for Digitalization (CoRdiNet) project in coordination with Nereus, the DTA will award the best project in terms of Diversity and Inclusiveness. “We believe” comments Giuseppe Acierno, President of DTA “that a diverse and inclusive approach is crucial to face global challenges. In this context, Copernicus data play a key role, considered the range of applications and services that offer to for a better sustainable world”.
Working in team in inclusive will allow participants to promote individual differences and acknowledging the unique blend of experience, skills and perspectives that people can bring to the projects, and in general, to the workplace.
The DTA-Nereus-CoRdiNet Award aims to boosting up diversity and inclusiveness in the in space projects, in order to:
- promote creativity and innovation
- undertake long term aerospace projects at international level
- develop welfare and work-life balance policies
- create a professional environment beyond barriers
- stimulate young generations to undertake STEM careers
The diversities of the team awarded can include:
- cultural background and ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language and education
- professional skills, working style, location, and life experience
DTA Award for the best D&I = 1000 euros
More information about the programme and the registratio : https://www.hackcopernicus.planetek.it