STRENGTHENING AEROSPACE KEY TECHNOLOGY FOR SMART TRANSPORT MONITORING SYSTEMS
The SkEye project intends to strengthen cross-border international cooperation to face the challenges posed by the evolution of the aerospace sector and encourage collaboration between universities and specialized research centers, industries, SMEs and institutions in order to exploit existing technologies and maximize the potential of innovation of future aerospace technologies for transport and territory monitoring and management in the cooperation area. Project partners will involve numerous operators in international initiatives, thus facilitating the transfer of knowledge between the subjects, and the adoption and use of aerospace technologies for transport monitoring and spatial planning.
During the project activities, partners intend to bring out and understand 1) the potential of European satellite infrastructures (Copernicus, GALILEO, EGNOS, …) to face present and future challenges related with the development of an intelligent and sustainable transport system, 2 ) increase competitiveness and innovative capacity by exploiting the capacity of the Grottaglie Airport
Test bed to facilitate the experimentation, demonstration and validation of UAV platforms for monitoring the territory and infrastructures; 3) facilitate the distribution of space services and support the alignment of Albania and Montenegro space policies to the EU ones
The development of the project involves the realization of a series of international initiatives:
- 2 seminar initiatives and visits to research centers and SMEs for Albanian and Montenegrin operators with the aim of promoting the transfer of knowledge between R&D professionals, industry and business sectors at a cross-border level and encouraging the creation of highly specialized value networks. On the occasion of these initiatives, the DTA will represent and give visibility to national experiences.
- 2 final conferences, in Albania and Montenegro, with the aim of bringing together universities, industry and the world of politics to exchange and share their knowledge, experiences and new ideas. A specific focus will be devoted both to the potential harmonization of Albanian and Montenegrin space policies and regulations with European ones and to the analysis of the most economically feasible and sustainable connections with the TEN-T corridors in the cooperation area.
The SkEye project foresees the signing of 1 memorandum of understanding for the development of cross-border industrial research and development projects in the field of intelligent and sustainable transport management and the elaboration of a summary document to facilitate harmonization with space policy EU in Albania and Montenegro.
Indeed, the SkEye project aims to achieve the following results:
- Industrial research and development agreements in the field of intelligent and sustainable transport monitoring and spatial planning at cross-border level;
- innovative business ideas that exploit the space technologies identified;
- A more efficient and complementary approach between the EU, ESA, Member States and IPA countries for the use of space solutions.
The SkEye project will encourage the spread of space technologies and services (more precisely, data and technologies and services deriving from the Copernicus and Galileo systems) from EU to IPA countries. The SkEye project will also focus on creating start-ups, innovative initiatives and pilot projects / innovative products to complete the cross-border value chain.
Project manager: Antonio Zilli
Total cost: 93.000€
Project start and end: 01/04/2020 – 31/03/2021
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant (lead): Aerospace Technology District (DTA) scarl – Brindisi (BR);
Partner: Albanian Civil Aviation Authority (ACAA), Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre Tehnopolis (IEC Technopolis)
Associated Partner: Aeroporti di Puglia spa, Jsc Airports Of Montenegro For Service Activities Incidental To Air Transport.