Avviso n. 713/Ric. del 29/10/2010
Titolo III – “Creazione di nuovi Distretti e/o Aggregazioni Pubblico Private”
Investiamo nel vostro futuro
“Health Monitoring” experts of aeronautical structures and components
The training project ‘SMEA – Experts of “Health Monitoring” of aeronautical structures and components “aims to offer the opportunity to 6 young engineers to acquire and consolidate skills and abilities to operate in the technological context of monitoring, diagnostics and functional and performance prognostic of aeronautical structures and components, with particular reference to the propulsion system and the structural integrity of the components.
The duration of the training course is 1,500 hours to be carried out throughout just over a year, and all participants who will be selected through a competitive procedure will benefit from a scholarship for the entire period of teaching activities.
The training course is divided into classroom activities (660 hours) and internships (840) to be carried out alongside staff engaged in industrial research and experimental development activities at the DTA, project partners, or member companies.
The didactic plan foresees the development of the following contents:
physics and chemistry of materials; electronic devices; measurement methodologies and laboratory procedures; optimization tools, analysis and data processing methodologies; process technologies for materials and devices for electronics; techniques for characterizing materials and devices; sensors and microsystems; mechanical component health monitoring applications for aircraft engines; electronic sensor interfaces; numerical tools for performance analysis and structural integrity of mechanical components; in-house software development to support engineering activities; additive manufacturing; Industry 4.0 and smart specialization strategies; project management; aerospace system, reference standards, certification and use of aircraft.
The training course must be able to create specialists:
- in the development of innovative devices, with particular reference to the specific avionics sector;
- in the development of device manufacturing technologies and forecasting and health monitoring models;
- in the use of enabling technologies for the design, development, implementation and effective use of integrated systems based on predictive methods and sensor data and methods of diagnostic and prognostic forecasting of the functional and structural integrity of aeronautical components made of materials advanced, and in particular, innovative production processes (additive manufacturing).
At the end of the training course, the participants:
- will have mastered the performance of activities and roles, with responsibility in the design and management of complex processes, with particular attention to the product life cycle;
- will have acquired the ability to critically and proactively deal with technological innovation within companies, being able to identify problems and solutions and set up, elaborate and manage scientific and technological research projects that solve them.
- “state of the art” knowledge will have been trained for the development of prognostic monitoring models of aeronautical components and structures and development of integrated systems of innovative sensors, with a strong practical application characterization.
Project manager: Marco Perillo, Enginsoft SpA
Total cost: 0.4 Ml Euro
Project start and end: October 2019 – duration 20 months
For more information: email@example.com
Applicant: Aerospace Technology District (DTA) scarl
Executing partners involved: University of Salento (UNISALENTO), Enginsoft SpA
Co-proposers: National Research Council (CNR)