Avviso n. 713/Ric. del 29/10/2010
Titolo III – “Creazione di nuovi Distretti e/o Aggregazioni Pubblico Private”
Investiamo nel vostro futuro
Diagnostic and prognostic methods and development of sensors for the monitoring of functional integrity applied to the aeronautical and transport sector.
The general objective of the project is to develop monitoring, diagnostics, and functional and prognostic performance models, with particular reference to aeronautical engine applications, as well as to the structural integrity of its components.
Another objective will be the design, development, and integration of methodologies, sensors, and microsystems. These technologies may have multiple applications in the aeronautical, aerospace sector and, by extension, in other transport sectors such as the naval sector.
- Study and development of methodologies for the diagnostic and prognostic monitoring of aeronautical components and integration with both innovative and commercial sensors.
- Development of innovative sensors for controlling aircraft engine anomalies, such as gear box vibrations, combustion instability, contamination of lubricating fluids.
- Development of skills and technological capabilities for the design, development and implementation of systems based on the integrated, innovative and effective use of multi-scale models, sensor systems and diagnostic and prognostic forecasting methods for the functional and structural integrity of aeronautical components made of advanced materials, and in particular, with innovative production processes (additive manufacturing).
The final result of the project focused on integrated systems based on predictive methods and sensor data for functional and structural monitoring of components will allow:
- The development of skills and technological skills for the design and development of aeronautical components produced with advanced materials and innovative production processes (Additive Manufacturing) based on the specific use or application (“mission based”) that give added value in terms reliability and safety of the systems on which they are installed;
- The development of enabling technologies for the creation of integrated systems based on sensor data / non-destructive investigation methods and simulation models for functional and structural monitoring of aeronautical components;
- The development of a methodology for analyzing and validating the mechanical characteristics and the structural response of a component made in Additive Manufacturing.
The results that will result from the SMEA project will allow – thanks to the very high technological content of the results themselves – a competitive repositioning at an international level of the actors of the aeronautics / aerospace sector The transversal nature of the technologies developed, which will allow cross-fertilization with the other technological chains present in Puglia (Renewable Energy, Mechatronics, etc.), will allow, on the one hand, the consolidation of the productive apparatus of the Region as regards the Aerospace supply chain, while on the other hand, it will generate a structural change thanks to the development of highly innovative technologies that will allow repercussions on other sectors such as the automotive, railway transport, complex operating machines, industrial machinery, systems for the production of energy, civil construction and for monitoring interventions for the purpose of preserving architectural heritage.
Project manager: Giuseppe Acierno
Total cost: 3.5 Ml Euro
Project start and end: October 2019, duration 30 months
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
DTA SCARL – Apulian Aerospace Technology District
Executing members of DTA SCARL:
University of Salento
CNR – National Research Council