- Study and development of methodologies for the diagnostic and prognostic monitoring of aeronautical components and integration with both innovative and commercial sensors.
- Development of innovative sensors for the control of aircraft engine anomalies, such as gear box vibrations, combustion instability, contamination of lubricating fluids.
- Development of technological skills and abilities for the design, development and implementation of systems based on the integrated, innovative and effective use of multi-scale models, sensor systems and diagnostic and prognostic forecasting methodologies of the functional and structural integrity of aeronautical components in advanced materials, and in particular, with innovative production processes (additive manufacturing).
The final result of the project focused on integrated systems based on predictive methods and sensor data for functional and structural monitoring of components will allow:
- The development of technological skills and abilities for the design and development of aeronautical components produced with advanced materials and innovative production processes (Additive Manufacturing) based on the specific use or application (“mission based”) that give added value in terms of reliability and security of the systems on which they are installed;
- The development of enabling technologies for the realization of integrated systems based on sensor data / non-destructive investigation methods and simulation models for functional and structural monitoring of aeronautical components;
- The development of a methodology for the analysis and validation of the mechanical characteristics and the structural response of a component made in Additive Manufacturing.
The results that will arise from the SMEA project will allow – thanks to the very high technological content of the results – an international competitive repositioning of the players in the aeronautics / aerospace sector. Puglia (Renewable Energy, Mechatronics, etc.), will allow on the one hand the consolidation of the productive apparatus of the Region as regards the Aerospace supply chain, while on the other hand it will be able to generate a structural change thanks to the development of highly innovative technologies that will allow repercussions on other sectors such as automotive, rail transport, complex operating machinery, industrial machinery, systems for the production of energy, civil construction and for monitoring interventions for the conservation of architectural heritage.
Project manager: Giuseppe Acierno
Total budget: 3,5M€
Project start : October 2018
Project end: September 2022
For more information: email@example.com
Proposing subjects: DTA SCARL – Distretto Tecnologico Aerospaziale Pugliese
Executive partners of the DTA SCARL:
Università del Salento
CNR – Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche