Design Engineer for Aeronautical Composite Structures Manufactured
with Innovative Process
Most of the Italian production of aeronautical structures made of composite materials are today located in Apulia Regione. It determines an improvement of the competences of regional SME’s so that it becaames more and more essential the presence of highly specialized figures who have mastered the technology for the design and manufacture of composite structures, identified as priorities that the aerospace tecnological district wants to develop.
In this context SPIA – training, created “Designers of composite aerospace structures made with innovative production processes”. These figures will become specialists in the development and application of:
- Advanced technologies and integrated design of components and parts (with particular reference to empennage and the rear cone of the fuselage), made of composite material and with high degree of integration;
- Methodologies of design, production and validation of aircraft structural components using technologies developed “out-of-autoclave” (infusion liquid or pre-preg), such as trunk rear fuselage and empennage;
- Architectural solutions and innovative construction for empennage;
- Replacement or additional structural solutions of conventional flaps and moving parts in general;
- Architectural solutions and better performing alternatives with particular reference to construction technology with a high degree of automation and with a tendency towards solutions outside the autoclave.
Scientific Manager: prof. Leonardo Lecce, Università Federico II di Napoli
Project manager: Manuela Matarrese, DTA scarl
Project date of start and end: July 2015 – December 2016
Partners: DTA, Leonardo – Divisione Aerostrutture, Avio Aero, Salver, Politecnico di Bari, Università del Salento, EnginSoft,